Horizontal Flash Banner

Friday 19 August 2011

Edinburgh


Busted early in the Edinburgh leg of the UKIPT which was pretty crap but I was in Edinburgh and the Fringe Festival was in full swing so I could be in worse spots!!


One of the characters of Irish poker Fintan Gavin smashed up the field and scooped the lot winning the tournament and the £71k that came with it. The worst bad beat I had was re booking my flight home for Sunday so I missed the party after, I believe it was super.  


On the town with Richie Lawlor
With so much live poker on at the moment and because of a few things I'm involved in I have not been playing online much at all but played a few small sessions on Three Kings Poker this week. I have not played great but have not had a loosing session yet which is a good sign. I plan on building up the hours I'm playing, in the past I have not played for days and then played 20hour sessions which clearly not the best strategy. Usually the last 5 or 6 hours would not be great for me. I'm trying to use the head a bit more and have imposed some rules for myself, historically I'm not great with rules so we'll see hoe that goes.


Also managed to finish second in the PLO in Macau on Wednesday night. I went short early but rallied a bit then with 7 players left I lost a big pot I probably should not have been in and I was left with 4500 with the blinds 500-1k. I was also on the small blind. The tightest player on the table opened and I folded, not sure if thats the right fold mathematically going from 4.5bb to 4bb but what ever it worked out. Next hand I get AAXXss and get it in 3 ways and hold 2 hands later I win a big pot when I jam over a pot bet with 2 callers with 7d8d JhQh and the original raiser sticks it in with KdQd 10h9h and I win.


I then had a enough chips to steel a lot and when I hit the odd big hand I got paid a lot. I ended up heads up with Alex Lopez who in my opinion was the best player at the table. We chopped it and played for €200 and the trophy, upped the blinds a bit but it was clear we both wanted it. Anyway he took it down and I get another 2nd on the Hendon Mob ....sigh.


Going back to Cork today so after breaking my Macau duck I hope another cash will be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment