Horizontal Flash Banner

Thursday 9 June 2011

Well Played Tom Kitt

I have not been up to much lately because I’ve been unwell and was trying to get to the bottom of it. Turns out I have poisoned my liver and it needs a well earned break. Kinda feel unlucky with this as anybody that knows me will tell you that I don’t drink much (depends on who you pick for the comparison I suppose) but the long and the short of it is I’m off the booze for 2 months minimum for tests.

With all this going on and after been so sick on Thursday I did not get out of bed I headed to Carlow for the CPT grand final. Not the best preparation but I felt ok on Friday and we were only due to play 5 levels plus I had a ticket bought on the cheap from months back. Should not have bothered because I played bad then ran bad which is a pretty unbeatable combination and got knocked out in level 4. Very well played to Tom Kitt for taking this down and one of my regular sparing partners Tommy Walsh for chopping second place. Tom is one of the good guys in this game and is a very popular winner.

I was not able to pass the omaha table that was running and again I ran pretty bad getting in 2 big pots with the nuts & a redraw against the bare nuts twice but bricking out both times then loosing 3 big pots in a row getting it in marginally ahead twice and marginally behind once. Decided to take the rest of the long weekend off then and concentrate on the Gaa & Ireland match.

There was a “lock in “ special in one of the firms of 13/8 on an Ireland win and with Robbie Keane fit enough to start that was a huge price. Also backed Kildare against Meath and although they got the breaks they were very comfortable winners. The Dubs v Kildare should be a good match, the Dubs should have too much for Kildare but there is not as much in it as the bookies prices suggest and I will probably be backing Kildare with the handicap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment